Friday, July 8, 2011

First Trip



Well I've been kinda putting off writing this blog since like Tuesday. Always conveniently finding myself too busy. What a joke haha. Anyways.
Well uhh last Friday we went to this beach town called mui ne. (moy ney) Its a pretty cool town right along the beach that I call the "Santa Cruz of the country." there's a lot of cool restaurants and stores. And the big thing there is kite surfing.
So after a 4 hour drive and arriving at about midnight on friday we checked into our hotel room which I was pleasantly surprised with. On Saturday we woke up and took a drive and explored the whole town and the fish village.




They have these everywhere. It's just like a million sardines sitting and rotting in the sun and it smell sooo freaking bad.
After that we went to the beach. It was a pretty nice beach. The waves were kinda small but they were still fun. And there's a pool right next to it which was super nice.
On Sunday we went to this thing called the "fairy stream." its a stream that you walk in up to this little waterfall. It was pretty awesome.




That was the waterfall. The water was brown like that the whole way. And it was warm which sucked. But it was fun.
Later we went to these big huge Sand dunes on an army jeep. It was way fun. And it starting raining while we were there and there was a ton of lightning.




That night at dinner while we were waiting for our food a gnarly storm came in and it was pouring rain and all the power went out and stuff. and I heard the loudest thunder I've ever heard. I jumped 3 feet out of my chair.
On Monday we hung out at the beach for a little, and then on our way back to the city we stopped to go look at vietnam's largest reclining (laying down) Buddha. We took a gondola up this mountain and then we had to walk up a bunch of stairs. But it was so awesome and it was huge. Huge.








I wasn't even close to as tall as one of these.





This is the view from the top. Very beautiful.
Oh and It was weird. When we driving through the more rural parts and we passed a bunch of cemeteries we saw that lie 75% of them have big swastikas on them. And the giant Buddha also has one on his chest. And I was tripped out but then my mom told me that I originally meaner peace. Oh. It sucks that when people see it now they have such a negative connotation on it.
Anyways the trip was very fun. And my first experience of like actually touristing and seeing other parts of the country. Parts that people travel from all over to see.
Oh and yesterday we went and saw transformers 3. That movie is freaking awesome. I don't see how those movies keep getting better and better every single time a new one comes out. And optimus prime gets cooler and cooler. So, coolest movie I've seen in a long time.





She fell asleep on my leg. She's so cute.





Hahaha.

Location:Mui ne

No comments:

Post a Comment